Saturday, November 19, 2011

November FNSI

I know that most of you are sewing things for Christmas gifts. Well, I haven't decied to give presents that I made during Christmas time yet. Instead, I keep moving forward with sewing my first quilt but if I finish it in time we'll have a nicely decorated room. So I might say it's a gift for my house ;).

Yesterday I managed to finish quilting. It was a tough thing for me. In fact it was the most difficult one in making the whole quilt. Now I need to do the binding but I hope I'll do it before the next FNSI, so I'll be able to start on something new for the next event.

I haven't decided yet, how the do the binding - in hand or using the machine. I did binding in hand for the tablemats and there is something nice in it. I cannot express what but it keeps me tempting :). So I might take the longer path.

And now I'm gonna to check out what others made during last night while tasting my delicious apple cake I just made.

5 comments:

  1. Your quilt is looking good....mmmm apple cake sounds yummy :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very pretty quilt. You do beautiful handwork, so if you want to put on the binding by hand then you should! I think handstitching is very relaxing, too. I'll be watching to see your finished quilt. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how lovely, well done on getting it quilted. I hate binding, and binding hates me so I hope you're more successful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt looks very nice. I love doing binding by hand. It is very relaxing. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finishing the quilting. It is so exciting when getting so close to a finish!

    ReplyDelete

I'll be happy the see any comments from you. Please, share your thoughts, ideas or questions here. Cheers!