Saturday, October 22, 2011

{After FNSI}

Yesterday I did some progress on my first big quilt. The blocks were made during the Patchwork Squared Quilt Along. Some time ago I made the top then the back and I was left with putting this together.
Last weekend I basted the quilt and yesterday started the machine quilting. I didn't do much progress in this, well... it is tough job, especially for a beginner like me. But I learnt some things, as one says that you learn best on your own mistakes.

First of all, the quilt is BIG beast for me and at first I felt I couldn't tame it and begin sewing. But then after a couple of minutes I managed to organize it a bit.

Lesson no.1 - I should have muh more safety pins for basting than I have... I mean much more.

Lesson no. 2 - Using gloves when quilting on machine might be very useful. I didn't have them and now I can see that they may help a lot.

As I mentioned I didn't do much, so probably I will continue this one during the next Friday Night.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on starting to quilt your first quilt... that is always such a big step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your quilt! Can't wait to see it finished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful!! I love how it is put together with greys, I have not learned to machine quilt yet, but would like to sometime in the future. I'm a new follower to your blog. Can't wait to see your quilt progress. :o) Hello from California and nice to *meet* you.
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your nice comments. I have to admit that machine quilting is much harder than I thought. Next time I'll try hand quilting instead :).

    ReplyDelete

I'll be happy the see any comments from you. Please, share your thoughts, ideas or questions here. Cheers!