Friday, February 27, 2015

Minky Baby Quilt

Hello,

Ok, so after a long, long silence I'm trying to resurrect my blog once again. I didn't give up on embroidery and sewing but I couldn't find the time to document it all and post on the blog. Let's hope this year I'll have more time on both.

In January we welcomed a new addition to our family and now I'm a proud mama of two boys :) (the older is 6 years old now). And I'd like to show you baby quilt I was working on when I was pregnant. I didn't manage to finish it before my son's arrival, but I just did it now, so it's only 1 month delay. Not so bad.

Some time ago I found a tutorial for making baby quilt and I loved the pattern, so it only waited on my list of things to be done till the chance comes up. And here it was. In case you're interested you can find the tutorial here. The tutorial is made to use Layer Cake squares, I didn't have those, so I just cut the pieces from fabrics in my stash.

I decided to use Minky as the back of the quilt. I was a bit worried how quilting of such fabric would look like and if it's not too hard for me. But fortunately, it turned out it's quite easy to work on and I'm really pleased with the results. Minky is very soft and warm and so nice to sneak under that I guess we'll be both sleeping under it :). Minky is quite expensive, at least here in Poland where I live, but in my opinion it's worth spending money on such a special occasion as new baby in the family. It's perfect for various baby items.

2 comments:

  1. Cute quilt! I love the bright colors and the polka dot border!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ The Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). I also liked these Ombre Dots fabrics.

      Delete

I'll be happy the see any comments from you. Please, share your thoughts, ideas or questions here. Cheers!