Wednesday, July 4, 2012

FMQ tablemat

And the short update to the latest post. I finished the binding for the tablemat I sewed and now it decorates my table. I made this one entirely from the scraps. The grey piece is linen that I bought once to some embroidery project but I didn't do it in the end.

As I mentioned in the previous post, I wanted to try free motion quilting and made this tablemat for that. I can tell now that it is very, very hard, but also after a while of quilitng I had a feeling that the sewing machine and the needle starts to listen to me :). So, I guess I'll need to think of some new project for practicing. Maybe, this time some smaller potholders or rug mugs...

I'm linking this one to JAQS Made by Me linky party:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll be happy the see any comments from you. Please, share your thoughts, ideas or questions here. Cheers!